Have you ever secretly laughed at the person in front of you at the grocery store for stocking up due to a winter storm warning? Laugh away my friend… however, don’t end up caught in the snow.
Here are some tips that might help, without going overboard of course…
Household Items that may come in handyat home or in your vehicle:
- Small Kerosene heater and extra fuel (to be used with good ventilation)
- Kerosene camping stove or burner (same rules apply)
- Extra batteries and flashlights
- Battery powered am/fm radio for updates
- Candles and a camping lighter
- Canned food and a manual can opener
- Other foods that have a long shelf life ie:peanut butter
- Extra prescription medication
- A few gallons of water, case of bottled water
- Diapers, formula, infant medications
- Baby wipes come in very handy to clean up if no running water
- Extra blankets
- Ice and snow scraper
- Snow melting salt
- Bag of sand (traction)
- Good boots
- Battery powered cell phone charger
- 5 gallons of gas
So my motto is “Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!” That way, in the end, you might just have some extra safety items around the house or in the car that is worth it’s weight in gold should you be in need.
Help me out…did I forget anything??